Our manufacturers strive to provide the highest quality of customer service, as well as a quick and efficient response to any issues that may arise related to their products. It is their desire and commitment to determine the best solutions for all of our customers’ warranty concerns or needs. All doors purchased from Grand Entry Doors have a limited manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty conditions vary by manufacturer and are specified for each product. The customer is responsible for reading the warranty thoroughly and following all requirements and instructions. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s requirements will void the warranty.
Acceptance or denial of customer warranty claims is at the discretion of the manufacturer. Grand Entry Doors does not contribute to their warranty decisions nor do we accept or deny claims on behalf of our manufacturers.
Grand Entry Doors is not responsible for any costs incurred in replacement of a manufacturer’s product including, but not limited to, labor costs associated with removal, replacement, or installation. Grand Entry Doors is not liable for incidental or consequential damage, loss of time, inconvenience, incidental expenses, labor or material charges.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: ANY DESCRIPTION OF THE GOODS CONTAINED ON ANY GRAND ENTRY DOORS WEB SITE DESCRIPTION, QUOTATION, PURCHASE ORDER, ORDER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, BILL OF LADING OR SALES INVOICE IS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF IDENTIFYING THEM, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WARRANTY THAT THE GOODS SHALL CONFORM TO THAT DESCRIPTION. GRAND ENTRY DOORS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH RESPECT TO ANY GOODS SOLD BY GRAND ENTRY DOORS TO THE BUYER, AND GRAND ENTRY DOORS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. For purposes of clarification, Grand Entry Doors sells the goods to Buyer with a warranty directly from the manufacturer, only to the extent available from the manufacturer.
When purchasing products through this Site, our Terms and Conditions of Sale apply with respect to such purchase. Such Terms and Conditions of Sale should be reviewed carefully before placing an order. Terms & Conditions of Sale
WOOD DOOR LIMITED WARRANTY
Every door is covered under warranty for a period of one (1) year and guaranteed to be free from defect as a result of manufacturing or quality.
Should the warranted door be found to contain defects as stated above, Manufacturer, will at its option, either repair or replace any door without charge or a full refund given to the distributor in order to facilitate a refund to the end user.
In the event of a defect discovered by inspection of a door upon receipt of shipment from manufacturer, immediate notice must be given before the door is shipped to the end user or installed in any application. A replacement door unit will be reshipped pre-paid to the distributor of origin. In the event that the damage is discovered upon receipt from the distributor, the distributor should be notified immediately before any installation occurs and a reasonable acceptance of responsibility will be determined and the end user will be accommodated accordingly.
Under the terms of this warranty, manufacturer is obligated to replace the defective product, F.O.B. distributor’s warehouse from which the original sale was facilitated. No labor, installation, finishing and/or consequential damages will be covered.
- All Doors must be installed providing sufficient protection from exposure to weather including excessive moisture/rain as well as excessive heat due to sun exposure. This protection required includes adequate overhang distance that is at a minimum projection from the home at one half the distance from the floor of the overhang to the ceiling of the overhang.
- Any deterioration of the wood components of the door unit caused by neglect or failure to protect and seal all exposed surfaces and edges of the door either prior to or immediately after hanging the door are not covered by this warranty. Every door unit regardless of exposure must be annually inspected and maintained by the homeowner. Reasonable maintenance includes ensuring adequate clear topcoat that contains a UV inhibitor and is maintained throughout the life of the door.
- Manufacturer reserves the right to require on site inspections of maintenance and installation procedures before any claim will be processed.
- Wood is a natural product therefore any variations in color, texture, grain or the general surface appearance of wood naturally occurring will not be considered defects. Variations in wood color must be compensated for by the use of staining methods preferably implemented by a professional.
- All wood doors are constructed using floating panels. This construction method allows for expansion and contraction. Exposure to severe moisture such as rain in an unprotected environment may result in water penetration through the panels and is not considered a defect. In the event of water penetrating through the edges of the panels in this environment, it will be the consumers responsibility to caulk and or provide a remedy for the water penetration.
- All exposed surfaces (including the top, bottom, side edges and the hardware cutouts) must be stained and sealed no more than 30 days after installation.
GLASS LIMITED WARRANTY
Manufacturer warrants that all glass shall be free from seal failure for ten (10) years from the date of shipment. Manufacturer shall, at its option either repair or replace the defective glass. Glass breakage is not covered under warranty under any circumstance.
- Prior to finishing, remove all debris, oils, and any other materials the unit may be exposed to during handling and installation. This is achieved by sanding the entire door with proper care by a professional to ensure no sanding marks.
- Depending on the stain material/stain manufacturer chosen, all directions must be followed including application and sanding techniques between clear coats in order to ensure proper appearance and stain coverage.
- All exposed surfaces of the door must be sealed, including the top, bottom, side edges and the hardware cutouts.
- It is imperative and will void any warranty of the door unit if a product is used that is intended for interior use and does not contain a UV inhibitor.
- Exterior surfaces, including the top, bottom and sides of the door must be finish coated with a good quality exterior grade paint or topcoat. At least three (3) coats of exterior grade topcoat with a UV inhibitor must be applied.
- Dark opaque stains as well as dark colored paints in installations with high sun exposure will not be covered under warranty as cracking, splitting, and warping are at high risk in this application.
- Most finishes on exterior doors deteriorate due to exposure to elements. To ensure exterior doors receive the protection required, inspect the condition of exterior topcoat at least once a year and recoat as often as needed to maintain the protective stability of the finish.