Our manufacturers strive to provide the highest quality of customer service, as well as a quick and efficient response to any issues that may arise related to their products. It is their desire and commitment to determine the best solutions for all of our customers’ warranty concerns or needs. All doors purchased from Grand Entry Doors have a limited manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty conditions vary by manufacturer and are specified for each product. The customer is responsible for reading the warranty thoroughly and following all requirements and instructions. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s requirements will void the warranty.
WOOD DOOR LIMITED WARRANTY
Every door is covered under warranty for a period of one (1) year and guaranteed to be free from defect as a result of manufacturing or quality.
Should the warranted door be found to contain defects as stated above, Manufacturer, will at its option, either repair or replace any door without charge or a full refund given to the distributor to facilitate a refund to the end user.
In the event of a defect discovered by inspection of a door upon receipt of shipment from manufacturer, immediate notice must be given before the door is shipped to the end user or installed in any application. A replacement door unit will be reshipped pre-paid. If the damage is discovered upon receipt, Grand Entry should be notified immediately before any installation occurs and a reasonable acceptance of responsibility will be determined, and the end user will be accommodated accordingly.
Under the terms of this warranty, manufacturer is obligated to replace the defective product. No labor, installation, finishing and/or consequential damages will be covered.
- All Doors must be installed providing sufficient protection from exposure to weather including excessive moisture/rain as well as excessive heat due to sun exposure. This protection required includes adequate overhang distance that is at a minimum projection from the home at one half the distance from the floor of the overhang to the ceiling of the overhang.
- Any deterioration of the wood components of the door unit caused by neglect or failure to protect and seal all exposed surfaces and edges of the door either prior to or immediately after hanging the door are not covered by this warranty. Every door unit regardless of exposure must be annually inspected and maintained by the homeowner. Reasonable maintenance includes ensuring adequate clear topcoat that contains a UV inhibitor and is maintained throughout the life of the door.
- Staining or painting the door black or any other dark opaque colors will void the warranty. These colors cause harm to the wood components by absorbing excess heat/UV rays.
- The use of a storm door will cause the production of excess heat trapped between the wood door and storm door which will increase the chances of warping and cracking. Any use of storm doors would void the warranty.
- Manufacturer reserves the right to require on-site inspections of maintenance and installation procedures before any claim will be processed.
- Wood is a natural product therefore any variations in color, texture, grain, or the general surface appearance of wood naturally occurring will not be considered defects. Variations in wood color must be compensated for using staining methods preferably implemented by a professional.
- All wood doors are constructed using floating panels. This construction method allows for expansion and contraction. Exposure to severe moisture such as rain in an unprotected environment may result in water penetration through the panels and is not considered a defect. In the event of water penetrating through the edges of the panels in this environment, it will be the consumers responsibility to caulk and or provide a remedy for the water penetration.
Glass Limited Warranty
Manufacturer warrants that all glass shall be free from seal failure for ten (10) years from the date of shipment.
Specific Notation About Knotty Alder Wood Doors:
When purchasing a knotty alder door, customers should be aware of the presences of grain variation and natural knots throughout the wood door's surface. These knots are natrual occurences and are not considered a manufacturing defect. We will not replace a knotty alder door if a customer is dissatisfied with the size, placement, number of or depths of knots. If you do not want this type of appearance we recommend purchasing a mahogany door.
- Size and Placement: The variability in size and placement of knots on the door surface is a natural occurrence and adds to the unique charm of the wood. Knots may be found on any part of the door, including panels, stiles, rails, or TDL bars.
- Number of Knots: Knotty alder doors feature a varying number of knots, which are a result of the wood's natural growth patterns. The number of knots can vary from door to door and even within the same door, creating a one-of-a-kind appearance.
- Depth of Knots: Knots on the surface of the door may vary in depth. Some knots might be shallow, while others can be deeper. Deeper knots, if present, will be carefully filled with a black epoxy to ensure both aesthetics and structural integrity.
- Variation Not Considered a Defect: The beauty of knotty alder lies in its distinctive grain patterns, color variations, and knots. These characteristics are not considered defects but rather celebrate the authenticity of the wood. We embrace these variations, as they make each door a unique work of art.
- Color Variation: Knotty alder wood naturally exhibits a range of color tones, from light to dark, and may contain streaks or variations in hue. This adds to the rustic and warm appeal of the wood.
- Knot Variation: Knots come in different sizes and shapes. They can be round, oval, irregular, or elongated. These variations contribute to the door's character.
- Grain Patterns: The grain pattern of knotty alder can vary from straight to wavy, enhancing the visual appeal of the door.
- Epoxy Filling: Deeper knots are meticulously filled with a black epoxy to provide structural stability and to maintain the door's overall appearance.
- Cherry Picking Prohibited: We do not allow customers to cherry-pick doors based on knot placement, number, size, or other characteristics.
When purchasing products through this Site, our Terms and Conditions of Sale apply with respect to such purchase. Such Terms and Conditions of Sale should be reviewed carefully before placing an order. Terms & Conditions of Sale